Friends of the Highly Gifted Magnet
The Friends of the HGM, Inc. (FHGM) is a 501c3 non-profit corporation run by parent volunteers. We exists to provide personal and financial support to the Highly Gifted Magnet at North Hollywood High School. In order to maintain the excellent programs, activities, and staff of the HGM, we encourage you to get involved by giving your time, effort and/or monetary contribution.
Board meetings are monthly and all parents are welcome to participate! The agenda generally includes HGM staff updates, HGM event planning, discussion of requests from teachers/staff/student orgs, and fundraising. We occasionally hold informational meetings for parents to cover specific topics. All Board meetings and FHGM events are included in the HGM calendar.
Elected Board Members for 2017-2018
- Maribel Ulloa-Garcia, President
- Quynh Nguyen, Vice-President
- Beth McGoldrick, Treasurer
- Steve Krulik, Secretary
- Elizabeth Hatzer
- Cheryl Holland
- Jennifer Clark
- Rita Rubinstein
- 2 seats left open for incoming 9th grade Parent Reps, to be elected in fall 2018
Now Recruiting Committee Chairs & Project Leads
- Picnic Chair ... Maribel Ulloa-Garcia
- Winter Potluck Chair...
- Advocacy... Quynh Nguyen & Jennifer Clark
- Roster... Elizabeth Hatzer
- Annual Giving...
- Alumni Outreach...
- Eblasts & Communications...
- Tech Support...