Fall Picnic - Special Message from Organizers
Dear HGM Parents:
We hope you are getting excited about the start of a new year and the upcoming annual Friends of the HGM picnic on Sunday, September 22, 2013. Save the Date!
As you know, the picnic and the annual potluck dinner are the only two fundraising events that the Friends of the HGM holds to raise much needed funds for the Highly Gifted Magnet at North Hollywood High School. We are reaching out to you to help us solicit raffle/auction items that we will need for these events. If every HGM family gets a family member, friend, or local business to donate one item, we will have over 300 items for our fabulous raffle during the September picnic and the silent auction in the Spring!
So please start soliciting friends, family and other people with whom you do business.
Silent auction item ideas might include:
• Gift Certificates – spa & massages, retail stores, salons, dinners;
• Celebrity-signed items, sports and entertainment memorabilia, signed scripts;
• Luxury items and tech gadgets;
• Professional services, private lessons, photography;
• Vacation Get-Aways – timeshare weeks, hotels, cruises, airplane tickets, rentals;
• Tickets/Passes – sporting events, shows, concerts, film premieres, clubs, set visits; and
• Gift cards in any denomination.
We have attached the solicitation letter with the donation form to this e-mail so you have it readily available. Print as many copies as you need and always carry a few with you. You never know when the opportunity to ask someone to donate will arise. You will be surprised at how many people welcome the opportunity to help our schools.
If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks in advance for all your efforts in procuring items for our fundraisers!.
Yazmin I. Peebles
Laura Frazin Steele
HGM Picnic Co-Chairs